What Happened to the Promises?
I am writing to remind you of some of your promises to the people of Magwi County when you took office. One of your promises was to look into the roads connecting payams and villages across the county, which sounded sensible.
We even heard about the UNDP road project to construct the Magwi–Pajok road, a vital link in the Acholi Corridor that connects the town to Juba. It was in early April when your office broadcasted the news, and now, four months later, we have yet to see any work begin. Yet the road in the picture is completely broken down. Could you please instil some trust in the public regarding your promises?
Hon. Sir, we write not to condemn you, nor do we expect condemnation from you. The reasons we have witnessed the dismissal of some leaders in the country are often due to a lack of delivery, even when they have the potential to perform. I am curious you may be affected. I kindly appeal to your office to sit down and reflect on your leadership, regardless of the challenges you face. The best we can do is listen to public explanations rather than remain silent without clarity.
Hon. Lam Francis, let the people know that you are working, and this should be demonstrated by your visits to the villages. Check around, if the road to Obbo is in this condition, do you know what the road to Owiny Ki Bul is like? I went to Owiny in 2024, and I will not go back there except during seasons when I am sure the road is passable.
Hon., I do not need to write much because I know you are to busy to read, nor will those in your office value my appeal. But the people of Magwi County will remember this appeal and hold you accountable if you do not live up to your words.
I only want to ask you, "What happened to your promises?"
I beg to stop here, and I pray that God gives you wisdom.
Sir Abunerry.
Writer, Critic and Poet

Comments
Post a Comment