Skip to main content

A HOMELESS SOUL, LOST AND UNDEFILED

Poem: Free Verse

GIVE ME A CHANCE

I am a Junubi ghetto child.

A homeless soul, lost and undefiled.

I look around the desolate street.

Finding no hope, my heart skips a beat.

 

Morning rises, evening sets,

I cry, I weep, tears roll, and I regret.

In the open valley, shadows loom.

No safety, no rescue, a heart that's doomed.

 

Wanderlust drives me to roam.

Deep down in darkness, I call home.

The beauty of life shudders at the sight.

Immersed in hopelessness, I fight.

 

I pick up a rod, a rope of anger tight.

Holding on tight to bitterness for a better life.

I move through the shadows, a path unsure,

Sat watching farther into Hope-lands, a glimmer of cure.

 

One more trial padded on my back,

I woke up, hugged Hope high, a new start to attack.

Never give up; there is a way to stand.

The higher the crush, the stronger I will expand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A NEW ERA FOR NIMULE: Appreciation for the Mayor's Efforts.

HW: Hon. Fuli Caesar.   Nimule Bylaw... a great development.  4th Sept. 2025 In March, the state government designated Nimule Town Council as a municipal council. This move sparked mixed reactions among the community; some supported it while others opposed it. As a long-time resident of Nimule, I understand the complexities of this decision. Building on this development, I'd like to share my perspective on the town's progress. With over twenty years of living in Nimule, I've witnessed many issues that have hindered the town's progress. Previous leaders implemented policies that failed to drive real improvement. They collected taxes, but tangible benefits and developments within the town remained in the grave. I've contributed to the town's development through voluntary clean-ups with some youth groups (ICYA, YPCC) and advocacy efforts, calling for bylaws to protect local businesses and residents from exploitation.   However, with your leadership, Your Worshi...

UNMASKING THE RED BELT: Community Defense or Security Threats

WHY IS EQUATORIA MENTIONED? September 2, 2025 Many South Sudanese tribes have vigilante groups, particularly in cattle-keeping communities. Based on their mandates, it is clear that each group aims to protect and defend its community from neighbouring raiders. Communities like the Dinka, Nuer, and Murle have such groups, and their long-standing conflicts over resources suggest this is a survival mechanism. From my experience, South Sudan's community insecurity worsened in 2017 when the economy collapsed due to unresolved civil conflicts. Youths formed groups with different names, such as the Toronto, West Coasts, Black Mambas, and Invincible Scorpions, in Juba and other major cities. In Nimule, many of these youths brought ideas from Juba's Sherikat suburb after escaping arrest or internal disputes. Today, gangs are widespread in major towns and cities.   Recently, the Red Belt group emerged in Bor, disrupting a peaceful tournament and attacking the National Security Servic...

Open Letter to the Governor of Eastern Equatoria State

02-08-2026 His Excellency Louis Lobong Lojore Governor, Eastern Equatoria State Subject: Urgent Appeal for the Immediate Removal of Cattle from Magwi County, Particularly the Nimule Area Your Excellency, I write to you as a concerned citizen regarding the continued presence of thousands of cattle in Magwi County, particularly in and around the Nimule area. This situation demands your urgent attention and intervention. In the recent past, government authorities, local leaders, and communities agreed that the presence of cattle in Magwi County is unacceptable. This position is consistent with the Presidential directive ordering all cattle to return to their areas of origin. Despite this clear directive, many cattle keepers, particularly from Bor, continue to disregard the order and have returned with large herds into the county. Today, thousands of cattle are moving freely in the Nimule area and occupying locations less than ten kilometres from Nimule Municipality. We are all aware of t...